This March, the new Plesk Onyx update, version 17.8, has been released, which includes a large selection of new features with respect to the previous ones: new functions in the SEO Toolkit tool, smart updates, the possibility of uploading add-ons and own themes …
Plesk Onyx 17 8 Release
This March 2018, the new Plesk Onyx update, version 17.8, has been released, which includes a large selection of new features with respect to the previous ones: new functions in the SEO Toolkit tool, smart updates, the possibility of uploading add-ons and own themes …
What is Plesk Onyx?
Plesk is the main control panel of WebOPS and Web Hosting, which offers a wide range of security and automation tools for corporate websites. From a very simple control panel owners can easily and quickly build their projects in a very safe way.
In addition, it allows you to select from more than one hundred extensions for CMS leaders in the market, such as WordPress, Symantec, Docker or Git, among many others.
Currently Plesk can boast more than 380,000 servers, as well as 11 million websites worldwide and nearly 2,600 innovative companies.
Web security with Plesk
Currently, web security is one of the most important aspects for a certain company. A good recommendation is to combine a web application firewall with Plesk. In this way, a very secure authentication, antispam and antivirus support is obtained, with automatic updates and vulnerability monitors.
Plesk, a world of possibilities for the corporate website
Thanks to Plesk you can also make all kinds of adjustments in the websites, as well as balance server performance, deploy updates intelligently, and automate all tasks related to the tool.
WordPress Toolkit by Plesk
If your corporate website is created with WordPress, surely this interests you. You can update the CMS with the set of tools offered by Plesk, accelerating the development and administration of tasks in WordPress.Plesk Onyx 17 8 Release
- Management of themes and complements: you can activate and deactivate quickly and easily both add-ons and WordPress themes; You can also upload your own.
- Clone the site: thanks to WordPress Toolkit you can clone your corporate website and set up a test environment for any type of test you wish to perform.
- Security: you also have the possibility to scan all WordPress sites with Plesk to incorporate the latest news in terms of security.
- Restoration: Another of the great advantages of this tool is that secure updates offer optional restore points that can be made before updating WordPress and synchronizing data.
Plesk SEO Toolkit
An extremely important tool considering the great importance of organic positioning in search engines like Google today. It allows you to get an overview of the SEO performance of all websites, so you can design and execute an SEO strategy effectively.
You can use Site Audit to get the best optimization recommendations, as well as check the activity of the search engine of the different search engines on your websites.
In addition, this tool allows you to optimize your site in terms of content and SEO. You can also use Rank Tracker to compare the performance of your keyword with that of your competition.
The 5 main novelties of Plesk Onyx 17 8
- Smart updates making use of deep learning technology.
- The sets of add-ons and themes can be loaded and pre-installed with WordPress.
- Security, performance and updates improvements.
- Greater integration with cloud services.
- Smarter repair and monitoring tools.